Friday, November 14, 2014

#0025 - LCCC Evans

#0025
14Nov14
LCCC Evans
N 34° 57.732 W 091° 59.412
Team: A,C
http://coord.info/GC41VWG






Last year I joined the Arkansas Women Can Run (Cabot) Clinic. My favorite run was from the High School Football Field, up Main street, to Honeysuckle, and past Evans Cemetery. I always wanted to stop, but never made the time.

I have to say, the cemetery caches are becoming my favorite! They are just magical in the autumn.

On this chilly day I nursed Baby Sister and left her to nap in the car (40 deg, so she didn't overheat. I did cover her with a blanket to keep her warm) and plugged this into my phone gps. It stared back at me with a dumb look on its face. (searching for signal) I casually walked around the cemetery (timing my steps with the frantic dog barks. *grin*) Nothing. No signal...no idea. I finally got cold and went back to check on Baby Sister.

After I warmed up and made sure she was still asleep...I Google mapped the coordinates. (I, personally, call this cheating...but I was angry at my gps app and wanted revenge) Read through the previous logs (Newbies are VERY thankful for those) Then turned off my phone and went searching. Walked right up to it and rolled my eyes at the fact I overlooked it on my first walk through.

Very old Stones...and a very new stone (June2014) in this cemetery.
Many weather worn blank stones
I walked by it twice before I realized what it was.
This is a BSB cache (Baby Soda Bottle) ?? I guess because it looks like a baby bottle nipple.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment